Saturday, July 25, 2009

I CAN'T SLEEP!!!

or should I say I am afraid to go to sleep. It will be my 1st night without my dear sweet husband. Who unfortunately due to his past choices has to spend 4 months in jail. That which starts now...

I am not looking forward to being a single mother (basically for 4 months). I have no idea how so many women do this....I am SCARED!!! I must say I admire the successful single mothers out there & the ones just doing their BEST! But seriously...my kids aren't the easiest, calmest, well behaved kids out there. They have so much energy & just want to go go all the time. I really don't know where they store all that energy.

So, if anyone has any pointers for me...PLEASE feel free to let me know!!! I could use all the help I can get. Prayers especially & for Jared!

Thanks for reading this!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kenna! I am so sorry to hear this! It IS so hard to be alone. The best advice I can give is not to be in a hurry. I find that if I try not to care about how fast they clean, eat, go to bed, then we're all happier. Try to sing and play a lot! Please call me if you need to vent, cry or ask advice!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! You'll make it just fine! (don't forget that you get to send 2 of them to school soon and the teachers get to deal with them)! :) My best advice is to put them to bed early! It works wonders for my sanity...my kids go to bed at 7:30. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I am so sorry to hear about Jared. I know a lot of hot baths help and a good book. Take some time for yourself after they go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenna, I must have missed the point where you said why you were going to be alone, but I am assuming it has something to do with the judgment that came back for Jared. I lived 10 months without David when he was in the military, it was so difficult, but writing letters really helped and it brought us closer together. Also, I kept busy with walks, cleaning, doing some hobbies I hadn't done in a while, and of course writing more letters. Being a single mother during that time was actually a little bit nice because we really grew closer. Read your kids lot's of books, draw lots of pictures for Daddy, make him care packages, and most importantly PRAY alot. Heavenly Father knows what you are going through, he knows your trials and your joys, turn to him often and serve others when you can and he will give you comfort!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kenna I am so sorry you are having to go through this right now. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete