Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Just a little frustrated....

As some of you know I have been a bit frustrated with my job here lately. I have been working at a local home improvement store since mid December, I was part of the store set up, I been there before there was anything to the building besides walls! I am past my 90 day review (which I haven't yet received) I did get a raise but only .16 cents, can you believe that? Other people who have the same position got .25 cents or more. I don't really understand the fairness in that. Well, to top it off back in January before Jared got a job I put in for full time & got completely ignored, then Jared got a job & I had to changes the hours that I could work and the operations Manager told me that he couldn't offer me employment unless I was willing to work til close & pick my kids up on my lunch hour. So that's what I have been doing since Jared started his job. When I interviewed for this job all they could talk about was how fast you can advance in the company if you want to. So, I have put in for Head Cashier and they are short two Head Cashier's and they have yet to call me in to even interview me. It's be a few weeks now. There have been several people who started at the same time as me & even after me that have gotten promoted. What the heck!? I guess it was a lie you can only advance if your Management's favorites. I think they already have in mind who they want where and I'm just not on there list. They sure talked alot of talk before the store was open that they care about us and that we are the BEST...but that's not so true anymore. There are so many people who have quit and that are unhappy with the way they have been treated. There's just not alot of fairness. It's just really dishearting because I was so excited about working again and meeting new people and now I'm to the point that I'd just rather stay home but I hate being a quieter. I love the other cashiers that I work with and I have made a few really good friends. I just really don't know what to do. Should I march into the store manager's office and voice my concerns or see what happens (they haven't announced who the new head cashiers are going to be yet assuming they would talk to everyone who put in for it)?

On another note I had an interview for National Bank of Arizona as a Teller. But I still have to wait for the branch HR to call me so it's still in the air. Maybe? Keep you fingers crossed for me that the job situation gets better. Thanks!

Better yet keep us in your prayers! Thanks everyone....we love you!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look of your blog! So cute. As for the job, hang in there a little longer. We'll keep you in our prayers that the bank job works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally frustrating. I would be pretty miffed. Hopefully they'll see that they have a great worker right in front of them and hopefully they'll give you a chance. Let us know what you hear from the bank. If that pans out, it may be a much better job. Sounds like the "home improvement" atmosphere is not that great! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete